Friday, June 26, 2009

Death Does Happen in "3's"




Let me tell you...death really happens in "3's". I saw it all the time in the nursing home I worked at. This week was no different. We lost "3" icons this week, Ed McMahon; Farrah Fawcitt; and now, Michael Jackson. I can't say I remember McMahon from what most of the nation is remembering him for...I'm too young. I remember him from "Star Search" and "Publisher's Clearing House". Farrah, doesn't everyone know she was from "Charlie's Angels", I'm kind of too young for that too...however, I do remember watching the show...it was good. In my mind, I remember her from her most recent endeavors. Two of my favorites were the "Burning Bed" and the 1994 movie "The Substitute Wife"...a pioneer movie that I loved. She died from a terrible form of cancer, all forms are terrible, but she had anal cancer, and because of her celebrity she has shed light on the awareness of this form of cancer. The good thing about her passing is that she is no longer in pain, that is...if she's in heaven, otherwise, she is suffering from a pain greater than she, or any of us, could ever possibly imagine. For her sake, I hope she is "above" and not "below". As for Michael on where he is...I cannot speculate based on the things he did and didn't do in his past...only God is the judge and knows where he is...same for McMahon.

I wish all of their families God's comfort and peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment