Friday, July 16, 2010

Let's Try This Again...

After having just watched the movie "Julie & Julia" I'm feeling very inspired. No, not to blog about cooking "Julia Child's" recipes, but to pick up my blog where I left off almost a year ago. The question for me is, What am I going to share?

I think the biggest thing of this past year, for me, was finding a job back in the medical field. I missed not doing on a daily basis what it was, I felt, God had called me to do...help people. I work for a physician in a small close-knit two-physician medical practice, and I love it! It feels great to again be contributing to my household and coming home at the end of the day, some quite long, knowing that I made a difference! God has blessed me by putting me where I feel he wanted me to be and with a great group of people who are more like family than co-workers. The sad part of all of this; I only worked there for four and a half months before God decided, for reasons I may never know, that he was going to "shake things up" a bit.

I injured my back while at work, and while thinking I'd only be off a few days, set-back after set-back, STILL has me off. I thank God that, Lord-willing, I will be back doing what I love in 11 days:) God has shown me quite a few things in the two months off. The first being that He will NEVER leave me or forsake me...this includes financially. He continued to meet all of our needs; maybe not the way we are accustomed too, But He did! He also showed me yet again (it seems I am one of those people who need frequent reminders) that ALL THINGS happen for a reason even if we never do find out what that reason was. Thirdly, and this may be the biggest lesson learned and the one I feel the most important, is to NEVER assume tomorrow will happen and that the plans you have made for yourself will take place. No one knows this for sure; no one except God! "For I know the plans I have for you", he says, and His plans for me the past two months were definitely different than the plans I had for myself.

I never really grasped why my grandma used to always say, "Lord-willing" whenever she described the plans she had made. I now fully understand what she meant and have begun taking on this frame of mind as well. So.....Lord-willing, I will be back again tomorrow blogging!

No comments:

Post a Comment